I am so excited to begin collecting our ideas in a single place. I see examples in various posts and websites, thinking...I'll remember that. But, let's be real. I'll only remember, "There was a cool stair idea...Let me see if I can find it again..."
This idea is worth putting in the idea pile. Though we are only new to the "tiny house" conversation, I can only imagine that the choice between stairs and ladder must have pros and cons in every direction. This idea to put storage in a moveable portion of the stair solves some problems I can imagine in trying to use a fixed stair for the storage from the risers.
This idea is worth putting in the idea pile. Though we are only new to the "tiny house" conversation, I can only imagine that the choice between stairs and ladder must have pros and cons in every direction. This idea to put storage in a moveable portion of the stair solves some problems I can imagine in trying to use a fixed stair for the storage from the risers.
However, some issues I can imagine would be securing the stair portion, even with locks on the casters, to prevent it from moving. Perhaps a latch of some sort attached to the wall would help.
Also, the visual disconnect between this stair and the wall against the stairs gives it the appearance that it is incomplete/unfinished. Nonetheless, it's an interesting idea to keep in mind!
I think stairs on one side is fine and a ladder on the other...we can hang a ladder out of the way
ReplyDeleteI'm a huge fan of Barn Doors for dividing space